Главная страница Случайная страница
АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Раскройте скобки, употребив правильную форму местоимения.
1. If these gloves are neither (she/her/hers) nor (you/your/yours), then they should be (me/my/mine).
2. She has not read a line of (you/your/yours), how can she criticize (you/your/yours) books?
3. This tape recorder of (her/hers/she) is always out of order. — But so is (you/your/yours)!
4. Look at (me/ mine/my) new watch. Do you like (it/them/its)?
5. They rarely drive to (their/them/ theirs) office. They live near (it's/it/its).
6. Употребите глаголы to have или to be в нужной форме.
1. They … a pleasant voyage last summer.
2. The U.S. A ... one of the richest countries in the world.
3. Does she … any brothers?
4. I want... a doctor, that is why I ... a student of the Medical Institute.
5. They ... a small cottage. It ... far away.
6. I … at school yesterday.
7. Our city ... twenty libraries.
8. My friends and I … at work yesterday.
9. Ann and Bess were at work yesterday. They … a lot of work.
10. It was summer. I … a lot of free time.
Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Is there a sofa in the room? - No? there isn't a sofa, but there's a bookcase in the corner.
2. There are many trees in the street.
3. There were a lot of mistakes in your dictation.
4. There are not any notebooks there.
5. There was too little ink in my pen to write two letters.
6. Is there any chalk on the table? - No, there is no chalk on the table.
7. There was a telegram on the table.
8. There weren't very many mistakes in your dictation.
9. How many apple-trees are there in this garden? - There are twelve apple-trees in this garden.
10. How many rooms are there in her flat?
Раскройте скобки, употребив правильную форму глагола.
1. While we (wait), three Number 196 buses came by.
2. I (make) a meal when the light (go) out. I had to stop.
3. Jenny (be) already on her way to the flat in a taxi.
4. They (hope) to come here next year?
5. Where you (work) last year? – I (not to work). I (be) a student.
6. Why you (not to put) your coat on yesterday? It (be) cold.
7. He (sit) in the armchair and then (begin) to read.
8. You (skate) last Sunday? – Yes, we (skate) the whole day last Sunday. We (skate) again next Sunday.
9. They (have) dinner from 2 to 3 yesterday.
10. We never (be) in France before.
11. When I came out of the cinema I (find) that a thief (take) my car radio.
12. I (finish) this report by the end of the day.
Прочитайте текст, переведите на русский язык, выпишите незнакомые слова и письменно ответьте на вопросы.
Moscow is the capital of Russia, its political, economic, commercial and cultural centre. It was founded 8 centuries ago by Prince Yuri Dolgoruky.
Historians have accepted the year of 1147 as the start of Moscow's history.
Gradually the city became more and more powerful. In the 13th century Moscow was the centre of the straggle of Russian lands for the liberation from the tartar yoke. In the 16th century under Ivan the Terrible Moscow became the capital of the new united state. Though Peter the Great moved the capital to St Petersburg in 1712, Moscow remained the heart of Russia. That is why it became the main target of Napoleon's attack. Three-quarters of the city was destroyed by fire during Napoleon's occupation, but by the mid-19th century Moscow had been completely restored. After the October revolution Moscow became the capital again.
Now Moscow is one of the largest cities in Europe. Its total area is about nine hundred square kilometres (ancient Moscow occupied the territory of the present-day Kremlin). The population of the city is over 9 million.
Moscow is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The heart of Moscow is Red Square. It has more historic associations than any other place in Moscow. The Kremlin and St Basil's Cathedral (Vasily Blazheny) are masterpieces of ancient Russian architecture.
The main Kremlin tower, the Spasskaya Tower, has become the symbol of the country. On the territory of the Kremlin you can see old cathedrals, the Bell Tower of Ivan the Great, the Tzar-Cannon and the Tzar-Bell, the biggest cannon and bell in the world. St Basil's Cathedral was built in the mid-16th century in memory of the victory over Kazan. There's a legend that Ivan the Terrible blinded the architects Barma and Postnik, because he didn't want them to create another masterpiece.
There are a lot of beautiful palaces, old mansions, cathedrals, churches and monuments in Moscow. Now Moscow is being reconstructed and we all hope that in a few years the city will become even more beautiful.
There are more than 100 museums in Moscow. The largest museums are the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts and the State Tretyakov Gallery. Other unique museums in Moscow include the All-Russia Museum of Folk Arts, the Andrei Rublev Museum of Early Russian Art, Alexei Bakhrushin Theatre Museum, Mikhail Glinka Museum of Musical Culture and many others.
Moscow is famous for its theatres. The best-known of them is the Bolshoi Opera House. Drama theatres and studios are also very popular.
Moscow is a city of students. There are over 100 higher educational institutions in it.
Moscow is the seat of the Russian Parliament (the Duma) and the centre of political life of the country.