Главная страница Случайная страница
У п р а ж н е н и я
I. Прочитайте следующие глаголы вPast Indefinite (Simple) Active.
Помните!Окончание –ed читается как:
[d] – после гласных и звонких согласных;
[t] – после глухих согласных;
[id] – после звуков [t, d].
II. Образуйте Past Simple и Past Participle от следующих стандартных глаголов. Заметьте, окончание –ed звучит как:
[d] – live, open, call, design, examine, change, happen, cover, compare, love, share, answer, wonder, follow;
[t] – dance, hope, develop, stretch, place, ask, watch, work, help, hope;
[id] – end, visit, rest, start, last, want, point, represent.
III. Напишите следующие глаголы в Past Simple. Обратите внимание на изменение орфографии:
try, occupy, play, study, dry, vary, obey, say.
IV. Распределите следующие глаголы в три колонки в зависимости от чтения окончания –ed [d], [t], [id]:
dropped, represented, occupied, turned, improved, estimated, developed, returned, collected, devoted, varied, stretched, differed, agreed, impressed, stayed, answered, asked, lacked, wondered, watched, acted, passed, resulted, solved.
V. Напишите три глагольные формы (Infinitive, Past Simple и Participle II) следующих глаголов:
be, have, do, go, begin, come, eat, drink, know, read, write, sit, stand, understand, give, take, teach, put, cut, think, lie, lay, buy, bring, make, catch, fly, drive, draw, break, get, forget, hear, see, find, build, learn, meet, pay, say, speak, tell, show, spend, choose, grow, hold, keep, feel, fall, can, may, must, run, forgive, become, sell, sing, swim, cost, leave.
VI. Дополните предложения, выбрав соответствующие обстоятельства, приведённые в скобках:
1. I went to the library (as a rule, next week, yesterday).
2. This scientist published his new book (2 months ago, next year).
3. We were at the plant (next Friday, last week).
4. I had little free time (sometimes, last Sunday).
5. My friend and I visited the exhibition (the day before yesterday, next week).
VII. Употребите следующие предложения в Past Simple (Past Indefinite). Добавьте соответствующие временные указатели.
1. He teaches us English. 2. It begins to rain. 3. I lie in my bed. 4. He sits at his desk and writes letters. 5. The dog eats its dinner. 6. We catch fish in the river. 7. Richard knows George. 8. Mary comes to the University early. 9. They like our house. 10. The plane flies very high.
VIII. Сделайте следующие предложения вопросительными. Дайте на них утвердительный и отрицательный ответ.
1. I made a mistake in my exercise. 2. The two boys fought in the street. 3. My roses grew very well last year. 4. She told me the secret a week ago. 5. The group understood the lesson. 6. The girls went to the party on Saturday. 7. The sun shone brightly yesterday morning. 8. I got out of bed at six o’clock.
IX. Употребите глаголы в скобках в Past Indefinite Tense.
1. He (to lose) his balance and (to fall). 2. Ann’s grandfather (to build) his house in 1901. 3. Clearing out the form I (to find) these old letters.4. I suddenly (to see) a face in the window. 5. The police (to open) fire and (to wound) two criminals. 6. We (to meet) last summer. 7. We (to go) for a walk every day before lunch. 8. It (to happen) a long time ago.
X. Раскройте скобки, употребив глаголы в Past Indefinite Tense. Перескажите текст:
John Ruggles (to like) anything which (to move) quickly on wheels. He (to know) the make of almost every car on the roads and most of his free time he (to spend) hanging around garages and filling stations. We also (to go) to the large Car Park where drivers sometimes (to give) interesting information on the different cars in the park.
The Car Park (to be) a very interesting place and when the day of adventure (to come), John (to have) no difficulty to decide where to begin. It (to be) early when he (to arrive). There (to be) no tourists about, no cars at all except one in which (to sit) a large dog which (to show) such fine teeth as John (to come) near that he (to retreat) quickly to a seat under the Castle walls. From time to time he (to look) at the sky. He (to hope) it wasn’t going to rain. The clock of the church (to strike) ten and a few cars (to begin) to arrive. Soon a large car (to come in). John (to put) both his hands into his pockets and (to stand) looking at the car at a distance. A tall young man followed by a lady (to get out). John (to hear) the young man calling him. He (to run) up to the man and the man (to give) him a coin and (to ask) him to look after the car.
XI. Перепишите следующие тексты в прошедшем времени:
a) что рассказала мама
On Tuesday I get up at half past six. I go to the bathroom and wash my hands and face and clean my teeth. Then I dress, go to the kitchen and cook breakfast for my family. At half past seven my son gets up and has breakfast. I have breakfast with my son. My son eats a sandwich and drinks a cup of tea. I don’t drink tea. I drink coffee. After breakfast my son leaves home for school. I don’t leave home with my son. On Tuesday I don’t work in the morning. I work in the afternoon. In the evening I am at home. My husband and my son are at home, too. We rest in the evening. My son watches TV, my husband reads newspapers and I do some work about the house. At about eleven o’clock we go to bed.
b) Boris wakes up when it is already quite light. He looks at his watch. It is a quarter to seven. Quick! Boris jumps out of bed and runs to the bathroom. He has just time to take a cold shower and drink a glass of tea with bread and butter. He is in a hurry to catch the eight o’clock train.
At the railway station he meets three other boys from his group. They all have small backpacks and fishing-rods.
In less than an hour they get off the train at a small station near a wood. They walk very quickly and soon find themselves on the shore of a large lake. The boys spend the whole day there fishing, boating and swimming.
They return home late at night, tired but happy.
XII. Ответьте на следующие вопросы письменно.
1. When did you get up yesterday?
2. Did you cook your breakfast yourself?
3. How long did it take you to have breakfast?
4. Did you leave home at half past 7?
5. When did you come to the University?
6. How long did it take you to get to the University?
7. Yesterday you had one lecture and 2 practical classes, didn’t you?
8. When did you leave the University yesterday?
9. Did you go home straight?
10.How long did it take you to get home?
11.What did you do when you came home?
12.Did you watch TV last night?
XIII. Скажите, чем вы занимались на прошлых занятиях, лекциях, семинарах. Используйте данные ниже сочетания слов.
At the English lessons:
to read the texts, to ask and answer questions, to write dictations, to learn new English words, to translate from Russian into English, to listen to the tape, to repeat after the speaker, to imitate, to listen to the teacher, to write tests.
At the Lecture:
to listen to the lecturer, to take notes, to write down, to put down, to ask questions.
At the seminar:
to make a report, to ask questions, to take part in the discussion, to clear up, to ask the teacher, to explain something, to write tests.
XIV. Выберите правильную форму вспомогательного глагола. Переведите.
1. They (shall, will) be good specialists in 4 years. 2. My friend (shall, will) graduate from the university soon. 3. The students (shall, will) take field training at the machine-building plant. 4. Engineering students (shall, will) study modern scientific and technological achievements, research methods and field training. 5. The advanced students (shall, will) take part in students scientific conferences. 6. Automation (shall, will) save millions of rubles.
XV. Напишите следующие предложения в Future Indefinite Active, добавив соответствующие обстоятельства.
1. They gained their knowledge of the language through practice. 2. The scientist achieved good results in his work. 3. This professor lectures on the strength of materials. 4. My brother enjoys driving a car. 5. Teenagers went out a lot.
XVI. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах. Обратите внимание на порядок слов.
1. He will continue his work. 2. She will graduate from the institute next year. 3. I shall take part in the discussion. 4. Tomorrow we shall go to the library. 5. They will take their exams in 2 days.
XVII. Раскройте скобки, употребив глаголы в Future Indefinite (Active).
1. He (to go) to the theatre tomorrow. 2. You (to help) your mother tomorrow? 3. They (not to take) care of the garden next summer. 4. Your brother (to go) to the exhibition next Sunday. 5. We (not to go) to the Zoo tomorrow. 6. What he (to read) tomorrow? 7.You (to give) me this book tomorrow?
XVIII. Переведите предложения. Обратите внимание! В придаточных предложениях времени и условия, относящихся к будущему и начинающихся с союзов if, when, provided, while, till, before, after, as soon as вместо Future Indefinite употребляется Present Indefinite Tense.
1. I shall see the dean when I come to the University. 2. My friend will go to the exhibition if he is free. 3. You will know the English language well provided you listen to taped lessons. 4. If anything happens you will know about it. 5. We shall have lunch when we get hungry. 6. He will finish the work before we return. 7. If he wins the competition it will be wonderful. 8. He will work at a foreign company after he graduates. 9. She will sing till she is exhausted. 10. You won’t achieve much unless you work hard.
XIX. Поставьте глаголы в нужной форме:
1. If you (to make) a mistake, they will find you. If they (to find) you they will catch you. – If they (to catch) me, I shall confess. – If you (to confess) they will put you into prison. If you (to be) lucky, they won’t catch you.
2. If you (to go) to Rome, you’ll see the Coliseum. If you (to visit) London, probably you’ll see the Queen. If you (to stay) with me you won’t see anything, but I’ll be happy.
3. When he (to propose) to her, she’ll marry him. But she won’t be happy when she (to marry) him.
4. I shall visit you as soon as I (to feel) better.
5. We shall stay here as long as our money (to last).
6. They won’t send us a telegram unless there (to be) something urgent.
7. You’ll phone me before you (to go) away, won’t you?
8. I’ll come to London after they (to find) some place for us to stay at.
9. We’ll work till it (to get) absolutely dark.
10. Students won’t get financial rewards unless they (to get) high grades.
11. What will you do when summer (to come)?
12. If he not (to come) we’ll have a problem.
XX. Употребите союзы “if”, “when”, “before”, “after”, “while”, “till”, “until”, “as soon as”, “as long as”, “unless”:
1. …he gets the money now, he will spend it all at once. 2. We’ll start…it stops raining. 3. …it rains hard, we’ll find shelter somewhere. 4. I am sure you’ll like the melody…you hear it. 5. …you drive so fast, I’ll get out of your car. 6. Make sure you put the house in order…I come back. 7. We’re going to be late…we take a taxi. 8. The children will go to bed only…they have a glass of milk. 9. Make hay…the sun shines. 10. We’ll speak about it…the lecture is over. 11. Don’t look at me…I speak,…you do it, I’ll feel nervous. 12. … you offer him the job, I’m sure he’ll take it. 13. You can interrupt me…you feel like it. 14. …he tries to pull my leg, I’ll understand it. 15. We’ll feel safe…you stay with us. 16. …the dinner is cooked, we’ll sit down and eat. 17. …her mother knows the truth she’ll be angry. 18. Don’t forget to lock the door…you go to bed. 19. They’ll arrive on time…something unexpected happens. 20. I’ll never give up my job,…I find a better one.
XXI. Дополните предложения. Употребите сравнительную степень как показано в первом предложении.
1. Sue’s car isn’t very big. She wants a bigger car.
2. This house isn’t very modern. I prefer _______ houses.
3. You’re not very tall. Your brother is ________.
4. Bill doesn’t work very hard. I work _________.
5. My chair isn’t very comfortable. Yours is _________.
6. Jill’s idea wasn’t very good. My idea was _________.
7. These flowers aren’t very nice. The blue ones are _________.
8. It isn’t very warm today. It was ________ yesterday.
9. London isn’t very beautiful. Paris is ________.
10. The wind isn’t very strong today. It will be _______ tomorrow.
XXII. Изучите информацию и сравните данные о Лиз и Бене. Используйте союз than как показано в образце.
Образец: Liz is older than Ben.
XXIII. Раскройте скобки, употребляя нужную форму прилагательного.
1. Which is (large): the United States or Canada?
2. What is the name of the (big) port in the United States?
3. Moscow is the (large) city in Russia.
4. The London underground is the (old) in the world.
5. There is a (great) number of cars and buses in the streets of Moscow than in any other city of Russia.
6. St. Petersburg is one of the (beautiful) cities in the world.
7. The rivers in America are much (big) than those in England.
8. The island of Great Britain is (small) than Greenland.
9. What is the name of the (high) mountain in Asia?
10.The English Channel is (wide) than the Straits of Gibraltar.
11.Russia is a very (large) country.
XXIV. Вставьте as…as или so…as.Запомните!as…as – такой же…как;
not so…as – не такой…как.
1. Mike is…tall…Pete. 2. Kate is not…nice…Ann. 3. My room is…light…this one. 4. This book is not…thin…that one. 5. Sergei is…old…Michael. 6. She is…young…Tom’s brother. 7. This woman is…good…that one. 8. Nick’s English is not…good…his friend’s. 9. I am not…tall…Pete. 10. This woman is…young…that one. 11. I am…thin…you. 12. Kate is…lazy…her brother. 13. This child is not…small…that one.
XXV. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык:
1. What is your height? You are taller than me. 2. She felt as strong as her brother. 3. We started earlier than you. 4. He was more careful than I. 5. This student is the most attentive in our group. 6. I need a warmer coat. 7. He is as tired as you. 8. He was one of the most experienced workers at the factory. 9. Better late than never. 10. She was not so attractive as her mother. 11. His work is not so difficult as mine. 12. He was the eldest in the family. 13. It is easier to swim in the sea than in the river. 14. This is the smallest room in our flat.
XXVI. Вставьте as…as, so…as или than:
1. Our house is not…big…yours.
2. The new cinema in our district is much bigger…the old one.
3. We are…proud of our district…you are of yours.
4. The house I live in is…old…the one my sister lives in.
5. Exercise № 2 is easier…exercise № 3.
6. Nevsky Prospect is more beautiful…our street.
7. My composition is not…long…yours.
XXVII. Раскройте скобки, употребляя нужную форму прилагательного:
1. This man is (tall) than that one. 2. Asia is (large) than Australia. 3. The Volga is (short) than the Mississippi. 4. Which building is the (high) in Moscow? 5. Mary is a (good) student than Lucy. 6. The Alps are (high) than the Urals. 7. This garden is the (beautiful) in our town. 8. She speaks Italian (good) than English. 9. Is the word “newspaper” (long) than the word “book”? 10. The Thames is (short) than the Volga. 11. The Arctic Ocean is (cold) than the Indian Ocean. 12. Chinese is (difficult) than English. 13. Spanish is (easy) than German. 14. She is not so (busy) as I am. 15. It is as (cold) today as it was yesterday. 16. She is not so (fond) of sports as my brother is. 17. Today the weather is (cold) than it was yesterday. 18. This book is (interesting) of all I have read this year. 19. January is the (cold) month of the year. 20. My sister speaks English (bad) than I do. 21. Which is the (hot) month of the year? 22. Which is the (beautiful) place in this part of the country? 23. This nice-looking girl is the (good) student in our group.
XXVIII. Скажите по-английски:
1. Я знаю интересную историю.
Он знает более интересную историю.
Она знает самую интересную историю.
2. Это длинный путь.
Это более длинный путь.
Это самый длинный путь.
3. Её работа очень важна.
Его работа важнее.
Моя работа самая важная.
4. Это плохая песня.
Это ещё более плохая песня.
Это самая плохая песня.
5. Он хороший инженер.
Он более хороший инженер.
Он самый лучший инженер.
6. Он принёс ей красивый цветок.
Он принёс ей более красивый цветок.
Он принёс ей самый красивый цветок.
XXIX. Закончите предложения. Употребите прилагательные в превосходной степени.
1. This building is very old. It’s _____ in the town.
2. It was a very happy day. It was _______ of my life.
3. It’s a very good film. It’s ________I’ve ever seen.
4. She’s a very popular singer. She’s _______ in our country.
5. It’s a very bad mistake. It was _______ I’ve ever made.
6. It’s a very cold day. It was _______ of the year.
7. He’s a very interesting person. He’s ______ I’ve ever met.
XXX. Ответьте на следующие вопросы:
Which profession (hobby, sports) do you think is:
1. the most dangerous? 2. the most difficult? 3. the easiest? 4. the most exciting? 5. the most boring? 6. the most expensive? 7. the cheapest? 8. the most interesting?
XXXI. Посмотрите на оценки и скажите, что у Боба получается лучше (хуже), чем у Мэри:
XXXII. Образуйте порядковые числительные:
XXXIII. Прочитайте по-английски:
a) numbers: 6; 73; 38; 17; 13; 12; 0; 101; 152; 1,045; 6,671; 9,854; 87,432; 80,400; 329,645; 110,536; 13,614,200;
b) dates: June 1, 1905; May 9, 1945; July 2, 1800; March 30, 2000; 300 AD; 45 BC;
c) time: 3:10; 4:15; 5:45; 12:00; 1:30; 7:40; 2:05; 8:15; 4:00;
d) titles: Henry VII, Elizabeth II, James I, Charles V, Louis XII, Edward VII, Peter I, Catherine II;
e) telephone numbers: 213-66-01; 421-57-83; 221-00-74; 971-24-50; 426-11-44; 157-18-20; 322-35-04;
f) phrases: exercise 5, page 312, bus 102, room 203, text 6, tram 17, lecture room 9, chapter 12, line 13, box 481.
XXXIV. Прочитайте даты и назовите соответствующий век:
Образец: 1147 – the twelfth century;
56 BC, 844 AD, 1066, 1156, 1342, 1560, 1748, 1812, 1917, 2015.
1. В этой школе 700 учеников. 2. В спортивных соревнованиях приняли участие сотни учащихся. 3. Тысячи людей пришли на митинг. 4. На этом предприятии работает 2000 рабочих. 5. Эту программу смотрели миллионы телезрителей. 6. Население Москвы – более десяти миллионов человек. 7. Георг V был двоюродным братом Николая II. 8. Ты можешь позвонить мне по телефону 246-00-17 с десяти до пяти. 9. Платье стоит 245 рублей. 10. Дом был построен в XIX веке.
XXXVI. Познакомьтесь с некоторыми интересными фактами. Прочитайте их вслух своему товарищу:
Here are some interesting facts about the world’s