Главная страница Случайная страница
АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Make up the word combinations from the following words. Translate them into Ukrainian.
Periodic, susceptibilities, external, lower, temperatures, line, striking, conductivity, magnetic, similarity, properties, electrical, table, low, gas, appearance, considerable, horizontal trouble, precious, absorbed, row.
Make up word combinations from the following words.
Change the following sentences to Subjunctive Conditionals. Translate the sentences into Ukrainian.
Model:If this table indicates the properties of elements, you shall reach success in your research. – If this table indicated the properties of elements, you should reach success in your research
1. If all elements in the first ten columns have magnetic susceptibilities, they will be paramagnetic.
2. All elements will be diamagnetic if they have negative magnetic susceptibilities.
3. If these elements are magnetic, they will lie in the same horizontal line.
4. If metals are situated in the same column of the periodic table, they will have similar chemical and physical properties.
5. If you look at this part of the table, you will see the series of elements called “rare earths”.
6. If elements are included into the same into this group, they will have chemical similarity.
7. If this element follows immediately after actinium, it will belong to the actinide series.
8. If tungsten is called wolfram, we won’t use the previous name.
9. We won’t use the previous name, if beryllium is renamed glucinium.
7. Answer the following questions:
1. What can indicate the position of the element in the table?
2. What elements in the table are called paramagnetic?
3. What elements have the highest electrical conductivity?
4. What elements are called “rare earths”?
5. When was tungsten recommended to be called wolfram?
Final task: Choose one of the following topics and write an essay.
Mechanical Properties of Metals.
Physical Properties of Metals.
Quality and Reliability of the Metals.
Metals and Alloys.
Aluminium - the Most Abundant Metal.
Copper and Its Alloys.
Titanium - a Wonder Metal.
Metals as Building Materials.
Mechanical Treatment of Metals.
Fibers – the Oldest Engineering Materials.
Factors Affecting Machinability.
Hardening and Annealing of Steels.
Metallurgical Furnace Refractories.
Materials a Car is Made of.
Importance of the Periodic Table of Elements.